Monday Morning Star Count 2014/45

Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Life has been so crazy...again...whose idea was graduate school?  All I keep thinking about is all the stitching I am missing!  :)  I have found myself posting to Instagram much more than my blog, but I am going to try to do better.

The awesome news is that I have completed all the flowers for my Grandmother's Flower Garden!  Woo hoo!  Here is the very last one I stitched:


And here is what I have to work with:


And I have basted another 50 background hexies:

So you may be wondering what all my counts are :) I have stitched together 925 - 1 1/2" hexagons.  Just totally amazing!  I started this project 4th of July weekend in 2013.  I am starting to see the end in sight.

I want to end this blog post with a personal endeavor.  I have received my Grandmother's 1924 Singer 66 Treadle machine.  I am going to refurbish it so that I can use it.  It has a lot of sentimental value and there is something so cool about getting back to basics.  No electricity...just good old foot power.  I thought I would share a picture of the sewing machine and of course included my GFG project!


I feel so thankful for all of you and for Jessica's effort to keep the Monday Morning Star Count alive!  I am linking up with Jessica at Life Under Quilts and all the wonderful people I have met that are so encouraging!

2 comments

  1. This is turning out wonderfully. I might give 1.5 inch hexagons a try some time. So far I have only done one inch hexagons. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the back-to-basics of foot power! Good luck with the refurbishing.
    And the quilt is coming along nicely! Can't wait to see how it develops...

    ReplyDelete