Monday Morning Star Count - Week 4

Monday, January 27, 2014
Not as much progress as I would have liked this week, but I was able to complete another project, so that makes it a great week!  See my post on Sunday for my completed project, but now back to this week's star count.

I only finished 2 more flowers.

I did work on my layout a little and figured I still need to complete at least 18 more sections to have a decent size quilt.   The section below is about 40" x 40"; of course it would need to be evened out, but that is a rough estimate.  I think I at least want to make it twin size and I do need more variety in the colors so I am working on some orange flowers.


One of the other distractions this week was looking at everyone's wonderful projects and their progress.  I have to tell you that it is so inspiring that I was sidetracked just planning future projects :) I don't know if I will be able to hold back from starting another project.  Do you find yourself doing the same thing?  Being inspired by others and starting new projects before you finish one?

I am linking up with Jessica at Life Under Quilts!  Stop by and check out the awesome projects that everyone is working on!

7 comments

  1. Just lovely! I think a little more orange will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The orange really brings your colors to life, nice idea! I admit I am always partial to orange, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely flowers! The patterns look great in the flowers, and the orange just pops! Keep going, everyone is cheering you on. Isn't it great when you finally see how large it is going to be? And oh yes to getting happily distracted by others... Sometimes it is just so tempting to surf away an evening and not quite ever get round to stitching a thing. JJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice variety of colors! I can never stop myself from starting a new project, which is why I have several hundred works in progress! I am actively working about five right now - posting about them on the blog helps me stay committed. I have to admit that I do see things on other blogs and find myself starting more than I finish.
    I look forward to seeing your hexagons next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that splash of orange, too, but I am partial to that yellow floral, myself. Which is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adrienne & Jessie - I love orange…I even drive an orange Jeep :) I am glad others get 'pleasantly distracted' looking at new projects and blogs - I am in good company!

    I think my favorite flower is the yellow…but there is something I like about each combination and I find it interesting to see how you can combine the colors and they look totally different. Like the pink with turquoise or the pink with red. One is calming and one is exciting! :) I will attempt to make more progress and I absolutely love the encouragement from everyone! It keeps me motivated to squeeze in a little stitching every day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your colors, so fresh and happy.

    ReplyDelete