Monday Morning Star Count on Wednesday

Wednesday, January 8, 2014
I am linking up with Jessica at Life Under Quilts for the Monday Morning Star Count and hoping for inspiration to keep focused and make progress!  This is my very first English Paper Piecing project and I am in love with the method and the simplicity and relaxation that it brings.  I started this project this past summer.

I chose Bonnie & Camille's Marmalade line for the hexies.  I will be making a quilt, but have not figured out the finished size yet.  I will do a full tally for next week's post :) and that may help be figure out the size.

Right now I have completed basting about 300 - 1 1/2" hexies - this is just one box of them.  


Here are some of the hexagon flowers completed:

For placement, I used Jessica's concept from the diamonds tutorial, and add three hexies in the surrounding fabric.  This allows me the chance to play with placement.  I have only completed the main section that I will use to build off.   I have about 15 sections to add the 3 plain hexies to and then I will need to figure out what size I want to make the quilt.





7 comments

  1. So bright and colorful! It'll be such a pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Looking at everyone's project sure does inspire me to keep moving! Thank you so much for your nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your fabric choice as well! And am super impressed with how many hexies you have basted! Hope someday I will have the same number done. . . And thank you for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your flower fabrics with white....and the blue basting thread looks good, too!!! Maybe you could leave it in? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will be a beautiful quilt! I love it so far and can't wait to see more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I have never made a GFG, so it didn't occur to me to use the "add 3 background" technique for hexies. Glad you thought of it! They are looking great. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that line of fabrics! Very good idea to use the plastic box to keep them organised. Mine are usually flying around a plastic baggie. With my glue stick. :D Great job!

    ReplyDelete