Ahoy Matey!

Sunday, January 26, 2014

I started this quilt about this time last year and finally have it finished.  I made it for our grandson to use in our camper up in Maine.  He is 5 years old and totally in love with pirates....then again, what little boy doesn't like playing pirates?

This is our grandson, Carter, with his sister Gracie.  I can't wait for him to see his new pirate quilt!


I used Riley Blake's Pirate Matey fabric along with odds and ends of fabrics from my stash to get the quilt the size I needed for the full size bunk in the camper.  The overall patter was the 'Disappearing Nine Patch" that I learned from one of the Craftsy Classes that Jenny Doan teaches in Quilting Quickly I.


The back is a plain grey, but has patches of left over blocks and the binding is made from scraps left over from the project. 


 The pillow sham is pieced from left overs and a few blocks that I tried out from the Craftsy 2013 Block of the Month class.  The front of the sham is shown below.


The back of the sham is shown below:

No comments