Monday Morning Star Count - 2014/10

Sunday, March 9, 2014
I hate it when my real job gets in the way of my progress, but it is a necessary evil!  So I really did not make much progress this week.  I was able to finish three flowers so that is better than no progress at all.


I have tried three different thimbles this week and will try to post my thoughts, likes, and dislikes along with the pictures of the thimbles this week.  I really appreciate the advice I received from everyone.  I am linking up with Jessica at Life Under Quilts for the Monday Morning Star Count.  Come join the fun!

8 comments

  1. Three flowers is great progress! Go you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrienne! Really hoping for more progress next week, but really thankful for any progress :)

      Delete
  2. Hi, Ally. Thank you for the comment on my IG picture. Your hexagon flowers are so pretty. Will you use Bonnie & Camille fabric for all of the flowers in your project?

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracey! Yes, I am using Bonnie & Camille fabric for the whole quilt. Something about the fabric line brings back memories of my Grandmother and I just love it!

      Delete
  3. Nice flowers - three is great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the 3-color flower to break up the pattern a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessie. I tend to be more 'orderly', but my granddaughter keeps telling me to 'mix it up' :) It's funny to realize how much I play by the rules and I never realized it until she started arranging the hexagons. I am more apt to let her experiment and I love seeing things through her eyes. It has also been great to see everyone's posts each week and get new ideas for designs! :)

      Delete