MM Star Count - Week 5

Sunday, February 2, 2014
It was a busy week and I was distracted by other projects :), but I still managed to complete 4 more flowers.


One of the reasons I was distracted was that I just received Mickey Depre's latest book - Pieced Hexies Deux.  And of course I needed to try one of the new designs!  The one I tried is called "Echo" and thing I find so amazing about these is that just by spinning/rearranging the hexies, you can create a totally different design.  Here are the various versions of Echo:

The other distraction was learning to free motion quilt.  You can read more about that here.

Looking forward to next week and more progress....and uh....focus!!

I'm linking up with Jessica at Life Under Quilts for the Monday Morning Star Count.  Stop over and check out the awesome projects and progress.



6 comments

  1. Very cool … a great reminder of how unique and creative these projects can be. Grats on getting 4 more flowers done too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very cool. I can't pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fabrics in your 4 new flowers and I love these echo hexagon designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tesselation possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, more progress! I have most of the fabrics in your top pictures, but in other colorways. I love them! It's so fun to see other people's fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pieced hexagons, hmmmm....will have to try that, too.

    ReplyDelete