Monday Morning Star Count 2014/24

Monday, June 16, 2014
Another good week, although very busy with work, I still was able to complete 3 flowers and teach someone how to EPP!

Here are the three flowers I completed, which leaves me with 28 left to complete.

So, I was fortunate enough to spend some time with a friend's daughter (19) and teach her how to EPP!  It was a lot of fun and I taught her on 2" hexagons so the piece will grow fast.  She did great!  She basted 19 hexagons and sewed 3 of them together.  I forgot to take a picture, but trust me, she did a wonderful job!

What I do want to share with you, is what happens when you are teaching someone and don't quite pay enough attention to what you are stitching:

Yes, that's right....the polka dot print is the center of the flower ;)  I helped Jackie with her stitching and then picked up my own stitching and didn't check the line up...just started stitching!  LOL!  At least it was only one side and was easy to rip out.

Just love linking up with Jessica at Life Under Quilts

2 comments

  1. how cool that you got a new EPPer started! I keep hoping my kids will be so interested that they will beg me to teach them but so far... nope! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun to share EPP with others! My granddaughter is 7 and she is basting away! She loves it, but I haven't gotten her Mom to try it yet :) You never know when things could change though!

    ReplyDelete