My Hexie Obsession

Sunday, August 18, 2013
I have fallen in love with English Paper Piecing!  I had no idea it could be so relaxing, portable, and addictive.  I became intrigued with hexagons when I signed up for Mickey Depres'  Craftsy Class - Pieced Hexies and that was the beginning of my obsession.  I figured I would start with just a few 'plain' hexies, which really meant I didn't have time to cut and piece :)

I chose fabric - Marmalade by Bonnie and Camille and the first flower worked up so quickly that I just kept going.  I still plan to piece some hexies in this quilt, but need time to get to my sewing machine for that.  I love all the options available and look forward to stitching....even if for 10 minutes at 4am before I get ready for work.  Hand stitching goes great with a cup of coffee :)

Here is my box of hexies just waiting to be sewn together.

And here are a few of my "flowers".






No comments